Facilitating the sharing and discussion of different ideas and approaches in medicine is the cornerstone of what we do. To that end, we want to ensure that we create a community that nurtures and encourages open communication. We have created these guidelines (“Community Guidelines”) to ensure that this communication takes place in a safe, professional, and inclusive way.
What is this document?
These Community Guidelines lay down the ground rules on what you can and cannot do, post, and share in using our Services.
Words and phrases defined in the Terms of Service have the same meaning in these Community Guidelines unless specified otherwise.
In using our Services, you may not:
- use explicit or offensive language or have an offensive display name;
- act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organisation;
- harass or abuse any other users of the Services;
- distribute “spam” in any form;
- develop, support, or use any software or other means to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles or data from the Services;
- use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- infringe the intellectual property rights of us or others (including copyrights, patents, trademarks, or other proprietary rights);
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- monetise the Services in any way without our consent (e.g. by sharing access to, or data from, the Services with others for financial or other benefit);
- access another user’s account without permission;
- engage in any unlawful activity;
- provide links to sites that contain content prohibited by section 3; or
- cause or encourage others to do any of the above.
What content you can’t post or share
You may not post or share any content in any format, that:
- infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- is sexually explicit (e.g. pornography);
- is hateful, defamatory, discriminatory or incites hatred against any individual or group;
- concerns any individual, where you do not have that individual’s consent to share it;
- you are not allowed to share under applicable laws on the protection of patient health information from disclosure;
- promotes or supports terror or hate groups;
- depicts unlawful acts or extreme violence;
- depicts animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- promotes or proposes fraudulent or unlawful activities;
- makes false or misleading claims about vaccination safety;
- conveys false or misleading medical or health-related information that has a potential to cause public harm;
- depicts or encourages self-harm; or
- violates any applicable law.
Complaints regarding content
We are committed to ensuring that your experience of using the Services is not affected by the misconduct of others. Whilst we do not routinely monitor content posted or shared using the Services, we take all complaints raised seriously.
If you are concerned that a user or publisher is in breach of these Community Guidelines, you can notify us at any time by email@example.com.